Another semester in the books, so long #J360!
As I am approaching the end of another college semester, I am filled with the familiar reoccurring sense of accomplishment. I am another step, day, credit hour, blog post, final exam, and project closer to accomplishing my biggest goal so far in life. I am another semester closer to earning my bachelor’s degree and finally moving forward with my career. I am seriously itching to show this industry what I have to offer!
If you’ve kept up with my blog and social networks over the last 15 weeks, you probably wondered why I was constantly using the hashtag #J360. When I first looked over the criteria for my #J360 class and realized how active we were required to be on our social networks, I figured it was going to be a breeze. I thought, “This is something I already do everyday, how hard could it be?” Boy, was I mistaken.
The class required us to post on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn 5 times a week and Twitter 25 times a week, all including the hashtag #J360. We also had to create a personal blog, attend weekly Google Hangouts and create a final video presentation.
While juggling all of the responsibilities was a bit overwhelming, maintaining an active online presence was quite the learning experience. Here are a few of my final thoughts on #J360:
- I need to continue actively posting on ALL of my social networks. I learned it’s not as easy as it seems and I that I tend to play favorites.
- I learned how to keep a personal and professional balance online.
- I gained toooooooons of new connections from the PR and marketing realm due to using more school/work related content. I am obviously going to continue with the strategy.
- I learned the importance in promoting and sharing my own content.
- I was finally inspired to begin Life With Kait thanks to #J360. I plan to continue blogging, expressing ideas and using the strategies learned in this class.
So long, #J360! Thanks for the experience, Ben Risinger.